You can install Windows Terminal from the Microsoft Store. If you don't have access to the Microsoft Store, the builds are published on the GitHub releases page. If you install from GitHub, the terminal will not automatically update with new versions. Many organizations that use Remote Desktop Services or Terminal Services are not using a VPN connection before allowing connections to their in-house servers or workstations. If no VPN is required. In Windows 10 system, terminal service has been changed to term service, so when using remote function in Windows 10 system, you only need to open Remote Desktop Services service. If you want to prevent remote use of this computer, you can remove it from the Remote tab of system properties control panel Allow remote assistance to connect to. But in some cases restarting terminal services could be possible by killing the svchost process that runs the terminal services.We can use tasklist and taskkill commands for this. First get the process id of the terminal services process tasklist /svc findstr /C:TermService. Check if Terminal services is the only service running in this svchost. Jun 07, 2016 The alternative to termsrv.dll file modification is the use of RDP Wrapper Library project. This software serves as a layer between SCM (Service Control Manager) and Terminal Services and allows not only to enable the support of several simultaneous RDP sessions but also to enable the support of RDP Host on Windows 10 Home editions.
I got up a requirement to setup Windows 10 in a cloud from where we want to have concurrent users on it at the same time. It is an easy step for System Administrator on Windows Server, however, as being the normal operating system, it wasn’t easy to fulfill this requirement on Windows 10.
I googled and tried to come up with a solution. I have seen few tools on the internet too but they are not working properly with the latest Windows update too.
In the end, I manage to get it done and thought to share my step on my blog. Hereby, I modify the termsrv.dll file from the System32 folder to get it done.
I tried RDP Wrapper but it didn’t help for the newer version of Windows 10. So the following solution would be convenient.
- First backup the DLL file to be on the safe side and take the ownership and provide full rights of termsrv.dll file for your profile.
- After this, you have to stop Terminal Server before modifying it
- Install any HEX editor tool to modify the DLL file. I have used HxD Hex Editor which is freeware too.
- You have to replace the string and be careful while doing it as you are modifying the system file. Strings are different as per Windows 10 build.
- The current Windows 10 build I am working is 1703 and have modified the following things:
- Once you saved the DLL file and reboot the machine, it will work to have concurrent user sessions.
- However, if your Windows version is different as listed above, then kindly check the listed one
Windows 10 Version 1909
Windows 10 Version 1903 (updated v2)
Windows 10 Version 1809 (updated)
Windows 10 Version 1803
Windows 10 Version 1709
Windows 10 Threshold Wave 2 Update
Windows 10 RTM 2015
Hope this will help you guys too.
Terminal Services Configuration Windows 10
Feel free to write the comment if you need any support from my end.
Terminal Services Manager For Windows 10