Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac is fully compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina and supports new macOS features.Older Parallels Desktop versions only partially support working on macOS Catalina due to technical reasons may experience the issues below depending on the configuration.
Using Parallels to run AccountEdge on 10.15 Catalina
- With Parallels Desktop App Store Edition, you can run the following operating systems in a virtual machine on your Mac: - Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, and XP - macOS Big Sur 11.0, macOS Catalina 10.15, macOS Mojave 10.14, macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Sierra 10.12 - Most Linux distributions System requirements.
- Beyond DirectX 11 support, Parallels Desktop 15 will also support macOS Catalina’s new Sidecar feature.This means you’ll be able to use Windows apps on an iPad when you’re using it as a.
What is Parallels?
Parallels creates a virtual machine inside your current Mac’s hard drive. Within that virtual machine, you can install a Mac or Windows operating system giving you access to run multiple operating systems at the same time.
Virtual machines allow you to run an operating system in an app window on your desktop that behaves like a full, separate computer. Since AccountEdge will not currently run on Catalina, Parallels will let you install an older macOS on your computer in order to continue to use AccountEdge even if you have already or need to upgrade to Catalina.
Parallels for Desktop 15 is the only version of Parallels that is compatible with MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
For more information on Parallels or to obtain a list of features, please visit http://www.Parallels.com
Installing a macOS on Parallels (on a computer not yet upgraded to Catalina)
To obtain a macOS installation, the easiest method is to download Parallels prior to updating your macOS to 10.15 - Catalina. You can download the macOS from the App Store or use Parallels Desktop for Mac, which contains free systems that can be installed to create a virtual machine. If you’re on a macOS prior to Catalina, the “Install macOS” method “Using the Recovery Partition” will install your recovery macOS.
Installing a macOS on Parallels (on a computer already upgraded to Catalina)
If you have already updated your macOS to 10.15-Catalina, or purchased a new Mac with macOS 10.15-Catalina, the Recovery Partition method will install macOS 10.15- Catalina on your virtual machine. Instead of using this method, you will need to obtain the installation file for a pre-Catalina macOS.
The article below outlines ways to find and download older versions of macOS.
After obtaining the installation file use the “Install windows or another OS from a DVD or image file”.
Creating your virtual machine using an installation file.
- Launch Parallels Desktop for Mac.
- The “Create New” window should be showing upon launching Parallels Desktop for the first time. If it the window is not showing you can use the Parallels Desktop menu bar to click “File - New “.
- Select “Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file.”
- If the macOS installation is not found you may need to manually locate it through the installation wizard’s “Select File”.
- Follow the installation to complete the virtual machine.
We recommend that you take a few minutes to watch the video below, which details the process of creating a virtual macOS machine using Parallels Desktop for Mac.The following video is for AccountEdge Network Edition users.
We recommend that you keep your AccountEdge file saved locally on your Mac (within the Catalina macOS) and not within the virtual machine. Please make sure you’re creating frequent backups and saving them locally. Parallels Desktop for Mac can share data between your Mac and your Virtual Machine. New Parallels users receive Premium 24/7 phone and email support for 30 days from Parallels. For information on sharing, configuration and best practices we recommend taking advantage of your Premium support.
Deactivating the license (Machine ID) frees up AccountEdge to be registered on the Virtual Machine.
On a computer not yet upgraded to Catalina:
- To deactivate the license on AccountEdge Pro/Basic/AccountEdge NE for Mac: Click 'AccountEdge' at the top menu bar and select 'Registration' in the drop down. From there you'll see the option to deactivate the license.
If you have already installed Catalina
Parallels 12 Catalina Version
- You can contact support for assistance with deactivating the license.
Parallels 12 Catalina Download
Once AccountEdge has been deactivated on your machine the license will be available so you can register on the Virtual Machine.