- Top sites in Microsoft Edge are your most visited (frequent) sites. The New tab page in Microsoft Edge displays Top sites by default. Starting with Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809, you can now see your top sites in the Microsoft Edge Jump List on the taskbar and Start menu.
- Following advertisements being run on Outlook website, Start Menu, and Windows Search, Microsoft is now adding advertisement or recommendation for Chromium Edge to the Windows 10’s Taskbar.
- Use the Taskbar Pinning Wizard in Edge. To get started, launch Microsoft Edge. Then click the Options button (three dots) in the upper-right corner of the toolbar. From the menu choose the More.
- Starting with Microsoft Edge Insider Build 85.0.561.0 or higher (Canary or Dev Channel), clicking a pinned site on the Taskbar will now show you all of the open tabs for that site across any of your Microsoft Edge windows, just like you would expect for any app with multiple open windows.
Now, in order to pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar, simply click the Windows 10 start button right-click the Microsoft Edge tile in your start menu and select “Pin to taskbar”. As soon as you pin Microsoft Edge to your Windows 10 taskbar using this method, you’ll notice the blue Edge icon on your taskbar.
These steps require you to have an internet connection and have the Microsoft Edge browser installed. If you are already running Gmail in your Edge browser at this moment then skip to the last step (#2) in order to pin Gmail to the Windows 10 taskbar.
If you’re not sure if you already have Gmail installed somewhere
Search your computer for Gmail to see if it’s installed and if there are already any shortcuts that exist. You can do this by pressing the Windows Key and S key at the same time. This will open up the Windows Start menu where you can then search for “Gmail.” If you see a Gmail icon in your start menu you can right-click the icon and choose Pin to Taskbar.
You’re not signed into Gmail or want to create a Gmail account and pin it to the taskbar
1. Using your Microsoft Edge browser navigate to https://mail.google.com/mail – Sign In or Create an account.
2. Once you are signed into Gmail (viewing your e-mails), click on the top right of the browser (it looks like 3 dots). This is the Edge browser Settings menu. Look near the bottom of the menu and choose Pin this page to the taskbar.
Can’t operate your Windows 10 computer smoothly because the taskbar disappears from the desktop? To help you regain the taskbar, 5 methods are recommended here for you to get it back if the taskbar is missing on Windows 10.
Overview for 5 Methods:
Pin Microsoft Edge Taskbar
1. Restart the Windows 10 Computer
At first, close the running programs and save the editing files. Then press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard and click the Restart button to reboot your Windows 10 computer. After the PC starts, check whether the taskbar is back. If you still can’t see the taskbar, you can try the following ways.
2. Unhide the Taskbar
Sometimes, hiding the taskbar by accident can also cause the taskbar missing problem.
Step 1: Press Win+X and choose Control panel in the pop-out context menu. Then, set viewing the panel by small icons.
Step 2: Select Taskbar and Navigation.
Step 3: In the Taskbar Properties menu, untick the Auto-hide the taskbar option and remember to click OK to save the change.
3. Restart the Explorer.exe
Explorer.exe is the controller of the taskbar, if it runs incorrectly, the taskbar may not show.
Step 1: Hold down Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Find the Windows Explorer option and right-click it. After that, select Restart.
4. Troubleshoot the System
When there are system operating errors, the taskbar also can’t work as usual. At this time, you can attempt to troubleshoot Windows 10 with the system built-in function.
Step 1: Press Win+R keys at the same time, then type Control Panel in the Run box.
Step 2: Choose System and Security > Troubleshoot common computer problems > Run maintenance tasks.
Step 3: Follow the steps in the System Maintenance wizard to repair the system.
Besides the Windows troubleshooting feature, there are also many free Windows 10 repair tools on the market, which can detect and fix the system problems for you. In the repair tool, there may be a function for you to maintain the taskbar or you need to troubleshoot the whole system for fixing the taskbar.
5. System Restore Windows 10
If you have created a restore point for Windows 10, you can restore it to your computer and then you might regain the missing Windows 10 taskbar.
Step 1: Hold down both Win and X keys and then select System.
Step 2: Click the System protection and then the System Properties window will be popped out.
Step 3: Click the System Restore option.
Step 4: Select Next in the System Restore wizard to enter the restoration process. After that, select a system restore time to set the system back to the state you want.
Step 5: Confirm your choice and click Finish to start the restoration operation.
Microsoft Edge Taskbar Icon