Their documentation only explains how to configure the connection manually, so I decided to use my Powershell skills to write up something really quick. Luckily for us, this task is extremely simple with Powershell. The following script will automatically configure your Meraki VPN connection on Windows 10. Hello, I am having an odd issue with a specific subnet over the client VPN this subnet is in the local subnets, which in the meraki vpn documentation states the client VPN can access those automatically. I can access every other subnet but this one. The client VPN subnet is 10.1.2.0/24 the subnet. Cisco Meraki Client VPN only establishes full-tunnel connections, which will direct all client traffic through the VPN to the configured MX. As such, any content filtering, firewall or traffic shaping rules will apply to the VPN client's outbound traffic.Note:
Hello, I have setup the VPN client.my main subnet is 10.69.11.0/24 and my client VPN is 10.69.69.0/24. I have specified name servers as follows, 10.69.11.16 being the IP of my DC/DNS server. From a vpn client, I can ping, reach any resource using the IP address, but I can't resolve names.
Apple has removed the native support and pass-through capabilities of PPTP VPN connections through IOS10+ devices. The Meraki Client VPN utilizes a more secure L2TP connection an can still successfully connect through a mobile hotspot broadcast from an iOs device.
1. Navigate to Settings -> General -> VPN -> Add VPN Configuration…
2. On the Add Configuration screen that appears, set the Type to L2TP.
3. Enter a Description for the VPN connection.
4. Enter the public IP of the MX device (found in Dashboard, under Security appliance -> Monitor -> Appliance status -> Uplink) as the Server.
5. Under Account, enter the username to be used to connect to the Client VPN.
6. Enter the Password if desired. If the password is left blank, it will need to be entered each time the device attempts to connect to the Client VPN.
7. Enter the VPN Secret.
8. Ensure that Send All Traffic is set to On.
9. Save the configuration.