Hi, this is Nick, and in this post, you will learn how to get Kodi for Mac. The installation steps will work on MacBook Pro, Mac Air, and Mac Desktops.
Kodi is a one-stop entertainment app designed for the new generation web users. Being open-source software, it is compatible with all types of systems and hardware components. The all-in-one app is there for those who want to set up a home theater system with all the hardware and software in one place. If you own a Mac system and want to know “how to Install Kodi for Mac?” then here’s the step by step installation guidelines to install Kodi for Mac system.
- Official Requirements for Running Kodi 19 on macOS (OS X) In general, Kodi is a lightweight application. It doesn’t need the latest processor or a powerful graphics card. Here’s an overview of the official requirements regarding running Kodi on a Mac. CPU: Kodi runs on both x86 and x64 processors. Since Macs are powered by 64-bit processors.
- As a kodi user, we used to watch tv shows, movies, live streaming videos, PPV and much more. Watching these from your own IP address is totally risky. Also, few kodi add-ons are geo-restricted and can’t be accessed by all the users. In order to get rid of such issues, a Kodi VPN is always recommended.
- What is Kodi for Mac Kodi (was XBMC) is an award-winning free and open-source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub that can be installed on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
- Kodi is available for multiple operating-systems and hardware platforms, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet.
With the Kodi app, you can watch your favorite movies, TV Shows, Sports, Music, and everything else. The Kodi app is compatible with multiple platforms and it also supports third-party add-ons.
How to install KODI/XBMC on Apple TV 2 nd Generation. Disclaimer Helix is the last version of KODI to work on the second generation Apple TV. The easy way to setup KODI on Apple TV 2 makes use of command lines on your Mac. Open the terminal on your Mac and type the given command. Ssh [email protected] Example: ssh [email protected]
What is Kodi for Mac?
Kodi is an open-source home theatre or entertainment app designed for those who are looking for an all-in-one entertainment platform. The Kodi app is compatible with a range of Computer Systems, Mobiles, Streaming Devices, as well as Gaming Consoles. You can also install and run the same app on Smart TVs. Yes, you are allowed to explore the app and to install the useful extensions even on a Smart TV.
For Mac users, here we have prepared a step by step tutorial to install the Kodi app manually. Starting from downloading the app to installing it and running it on your Mac system, the steps cover everything. No matter whether you are a tech-savvy or a common web user, you can simply install Kodi App on Mac by following these steps. Let’s get on to the tutorial now!
The reason why you need to manually install Kodi for Mac is that this app is currently not available on the Apple App Store.
- Operating System: OS X 10.9 or higher version
- RAM: 2 GB
- CPU: Compatible with X64 and X86 Processors
- GPU: Compatible with the Mac’s existing GPU
- Storage Space: Free space of up to 150 MB
Step by Step Tutorial to Install Kodi for Mac
Here are the step by step instructions to install Kodi on Mac
1. Download the Kodi App’s Setup File
The first thing you need to do is download the Setup file of the app from its official website.
Click the Download button in the top-right corner of the home-page or you may go directly to https://kodi.tv/download
Scroll down on the next page and click MacOS
2. Get the Kodi App Installer File
Once you select the macOS option from the given page, the browser show this page. The recommended version of the app will be shown with the direct download button. Click the Installer button to download the file.
3. Installing the DMG file of the Kodi app
Click Finder on the Mac home screen
Go to the Downloads section where you could see the Setup file of the Kodi app with DMG extension. You can install this app like you install any other app on your Mac system. Double click on to the DMG file and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Drag the Kodi App to Applications Folder
Once the installation is complete, a blue-colored screen with the Kodi app’s icon will be presented to you on the screen. You just need to click on to the Kodi App’s Icon and drag it to the Applications Folder. See the image.
5. Launching the Kodi for Mac app
You have installed the Kodi app on the Mac system successfully. To open and explore the app, you just need to go to the Applications folder from the Dock or from the Finder app on a Mac system.
The Kodi App’s Icon will be right there, just click the icon and the app will be launched on your Mac’s screen.
6. Exploring the App
Kodi app serves a rich user-interface. On the front-page, you would see a number of useful options or we can say categories to explore the kind of entertainment you want.
You can select from Movies, TV Shows, Music, Music Videos, TV, Radio, Games, Add-ons, Pictures, Videos, and more. Each category will show you the available items.
Please note that Kodi doesn’t host any content of its own. You will need to install add-ons, plugins, etc. to watch your favorite content.
Here is the list of some of the popular addons you can install:
You may also install Kodi builds. These Kodi builds enhance your overall experience. They also offer many preloaded addons.
The system page will show you the back-end of the app with all the useful options such as File Manager, Add-Ons, System Information, etc. To add a new extension or add-on, you just need to click the Add-ons option from here. You can install new add-ons from the repository or from the Zip files. Remember, you are allowed to install all types of third-party add-ons to this software.
7. Exiting from the App
To exit from the app, come on to the main page of the app by pressing the Esc key. Click the Power button given just below the Kodi tag. From the given menu, click on to the Exit option. You can also customize the player the way you want by using the other options given in the same menu.
FAQs for Kodi for MacIs Kodi safe for Mac?
Yes! Kodi is completely safe to install and use on Mac. However, make sure that you install only the trusted addons and plugins. This way you will be able to keep your device safe.Can I install third-party addons on Kodi for Mac?
Yes, you can install third-party addons on Kodi for Mac, like you would install the addons on Kodi on any other device. The functioning and interface of Kodi is pretty much the same across all devices.Is Kodi legal?
Yes! Kodi is 100% legal. It is one of the most widely used streaming apps/media centers worldwide. However, make sure you use it to watch the content through the proper channels.Do I need a VPN with Kodi for Mac?
It is recommended that you use a VPN for safety while using Kodi on your Mac device, especially when you are using third-party addons.
In this post, you have learned to install Kodi for Mac system. It is a must-have app for those who like to watch movies, TV shows, music videos, etc. The app serves you the best of user-interface to manage your media player the way you want. The app supports third-party add-ons, different file formats, plenty of skins, and what not! Furthermore, It is also compatible with a range of hardware that includes your favorite gaming consoles as well. If you own a Mac system, then you must give this app a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Install Exodus Redux on Kodi
Fix Exodus Redux No Stream
Fix Kodi No Stream Error
Install No Limits Magic Build
How to Get Plex on FireStick
• TV One No Stream Available/Streaming Buffering/Stream Pending after Loading but Won’t Play
The causes of no stream available and other streaming failed issue vary, most effective solutions include:
1. Use the option in your device settings or maintenance addons like Open Wizard to clear Kodi cache.
Kodi Tv Missing
2. Reauthorize debrid services like Real-Debrid, Premiumize and All Debrid with the updated ResolveURL.
Kodi Tv Download Mac
3. Go to addon settings and switch Auto Play feature to Source Select.
4. Stop using VPN with debrid services.
5. Use a proxy to bypass ISPs blocking.
• TV One Fails to Start/Launch
That could be the addon stopped working, we'll put up an announcement from the top of the page, in that case, stay tuned to our updates. In addition, working addons will also fail to launch, try the following methods to sort that.
1. Make sure the server and port number in your Kodi Internet access match the ones of your network. Check that especially if you're using a VPN. Learn more: Kodi Proxy Settings
2. Try clearing Kodi app cache in your device settings or with maintenance tools like Open Wizard, reboot Kodi, and launch the addon again.
• TV One Error Check the Log for More Information
First try clearing Kodi app cache from your device settings, reboot Kodi, and try the previous behavior again and see if this issue still occurs. If so, learn how to check log file on Kodi and draw support from someone who can read it. Please note that don’t seek assistance for third-party addons from official Kodi support channels.
• TV One Links Fails to Play Requiring Stream Authorization
If you’re asked to authorize stream when trying to play a link, you can either:
1. Use a static IP address to pair with the hoster site.
2. Use a debrid service with Kodi and disable free hosters in addon settings.
Learn more: Stream Authorizations on Kodi – Is it Safe? Several Ways to Deal with Them
• TV One The Dependencies Could Not be Satisfied
This issue results from python code discrepancy of addon’s dependencies. In that case, you should use a compatible version of Kodi for the addon. As always, we only advise the use of the latest stable release version of Kodi and the latest version of continually-updated addons.