- This will give you a minimal install. The other features are not supported so there's no need to install them. Starting the VPN Client. Go to Start-Programs-Cisco-Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to launch the program. Enter vpn.uci.edu in the Ready to Connect to field, then press the Connect button.
- Jul 25, 2020 This is a powershell script “Cisco AnyConnect Auto Login”, this is created to automatically connect and log me in or auto reconnect with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client version 3.0.5080. It works quite nice on Windows 7 and Windows 8. Create file for example c:testCiscoVPNAutoLogin.ps1 2. Paste the code below into that file.
Download AnyConnect. Double click on the Cisco AnyConnect software icon. (If using Windows 8/8.1, from the Start screen, tap or click the Desktop tile, then tap or click the Libraries icon in the Navigation pane. Tap or click Downloads, then double-click on the Cisco AnyConnect software icon.); Click on Next on the Welcome screen.; Click on the bubble beside I accept the terms in the License. A user running Internet Connection Sharing is having trouble installing the Cisco 3000 VPN client This is an easy one to fix. The user needs to disable ICS on his machine before installing the VPN.
Right click vpnui.exe in the “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client” folder. (you may have it in “C: Program Files (x86) Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client ).
Topics Map > Networking > Virtual Private Networking (VPN)
After connecting to the VPN client, Internet connectivity stops working (including network shared drives). The network connection may show up as 'Local Connection Only.'
These steps are adapted from: http://msdynamicstips.com/2011/06/27/vpn-connection-disconnects-internet-connection/.
On Windows 7:
1. Click on the Start button.
2. In the search box, type ncpa.cpl. Press Enter.
3. The Network Connections window should open. Right click on the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Connection. Click on Properties
4. Select the Networking tab.
5. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from 'This connection uses the following items.'
6. Click on Properties. Click on Advanced. Make sure there is nothing listed under Default gateway using the Remove button to remove any that are there.
7. Close the Network Connections window. Attempt to connect to the VPN and then the Internet.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10:
Instead of using the Start button, begin with the Search tool. The rest of the Windows 7 steps will work for Windows 8.
A customer did submit this tidbit:
AnyConnect VPN Client FAQ
My computer had a software named Connectify which is used for creating ad-hoc. And in the adapter settings there was an option regarding connectify. I disabled it and everything worked fine.
Cisco Anyconnect Will Not Start
Technology Services note: Any software that allows you to share your computer's network connection with others will interfere with the VPN. Uninstall or disable the software, reboot your computer, and try the VPN again.