Cisco AnyConnect - Empower your employees to work from anywhere, on company laptops or personal mobile devices, at any time. AnyConnect simplifies secure endpoint access and provides the security necessary to help keep your organization safe and protected. If I install cisco vpn client on a desktop which is not part of a domain and use the configuration file like attached below I can connect to our office network. Unfortunately I had to install windows 2008 server as a domain controller and couple windows 2008 servers on top of it on hyper v to test some sql server setups. Cisco AnyConnect is cross-platform. It can be used on Microsoft, Linux, and Mac operating systems. Depending on the plan used, it can connect thousands of laptops into a single encrypted connection. Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN for Windows installer. Double-click the InstallAnyConnect.exe file. When a message saying the Cisco AnyConnect client has been installed, click OK. Connect to the Stanford VPN. Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client client. Cisco AnyConnect is an unbeatable provider of cybersecurity. But, creating your best work often needs strong, reliable and fast WiFI. With IPVanish, you can get the best of both worlds.
Cisco AnyConnect VPN
Authorized employees of the university can use Cisco AnyConnect to access restricted campus resources, such as Banner, when using an Adams State University computer from off campus.
Cisco Anyconnect Microsoft Nla
To request VPN access please submit a ticket at https://helpdesk.adams.edu. Please note, VPN access may need approval from a supervisor, CIO, and/or HR where applicable. Computing Services technicians will assist with client installation and configuration.
Connect with the Cisco AnyConnect Client
You will need to authenticate using your ASU username and password as well as a certificate to connect using the Cisco AnyConnect Client. If you have not yet imported your certificate please see certificate import instructions below.
- Click Start > All Programs
- Click the Cisco Folder.
- Click the Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client program.
- You may also have an icon in your system tray for the Cisco Anyconnect client. You can also launch the client by double clicking the icon in the system tray.
- Enter vpn1.adams.edu in the text box and click Connect
- You will be prompted to select your certificate. Select the certificate with the name cn=yourusername issuer of vpn1.adams.edu.
- Enter your ASU username and password
- The icon in the system tray will show a lock when connected to the vpn.
Disconnect from the Cisco Anyconnect VPN client
- Right Click the Cisco Anyconnect VPN client icon in your system tray
- Select Disconnect
Please be sure to disconnect from the VPN client when you no longer need access to restricted internal resources.
Import Certificate for Multifactor Authentication
- After you successfully enter your username and password the certificate will be downloaded to your computer. Right click on the certificate and select Install PFX
- The Certificate Import Wizard will start. Select Current User as the store location, then click next.
- Verify file location, then click next
- Enter the password for the certificate that you received in the email from Computing Services.
- Select the 'Place all certificates in the following store' option and click Browse. Select 'Personal' as the certificate store location.
- Click next, then Finish to complete the Certificate Import Wizard. You will see The import was successful on completion of certificate import.
Cisco Anyconnect Microsoft Teams
Downloading AnyConnect VPN Client for Windows / MAC / Linux
After you have installed the VPN Certificate on your system you can open up your web browser and navigate to https://vpn1.adams.edu
- Login with your ASU Domain Username and Password
- Click on 'AnyConnect'
- Click on 'Start AnyConnect'
- Click on 'Download for XYZ' the 'XYZ' will be replaced by either Windows / MAC or Linux depending from what system you are logging in from.