Table of Contents
- Fix Cisco AnyConnect Client Connection Issue In Windows 10 ...
- AnyConnect VPN Client FAQ
- Cisco Anyconnect Cannot Connect
Some USC online-based services require access through on-campus USC Secure Wireless or a wired network connection. USC offers a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection to provide secure remote access to these services when you are off-campus. When off-campus, you must use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client to access internal USC systems handling confidential or sensitive data, such as Student Information System (SIS), and file servers for specific schools and departments. The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client is a web-based VPN client that does not require user configuration.
This webpage provides instructions on how to install and connect to the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client for Windows 10 operating systems, including both 32- and 64-bit versions.
Connecting to the Lab with AnyConnect. Once you have the Cisco AnyConnect client installed, follow these steps to connect to the lab. Launch the Cisco AnyConnect client application; Enter svs-rtp-dmz-vpn.cisco.com for the connection string. Click Connect; When the connection window appears, make sure the group is set to COLLABAPI. Older versions of the NAM component of the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client will not work when you try to connect to a wireless network on a Surface Pro 3. Note This issue is unrelated to the VPN features of the Cisco AnyConnect software. This issue is specific to the wireless NAM component of the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. But could not find the Cisco AnyConnect secure mobility client connection. Here’s the message ffrom the the cisco anyconnect client ver 4.3.03xxx on Windows10 11:47:31 PM Contacting xxx country 11:47:32 PM Posture Assessment: Required for access 11:47:32 PM Posture Assessment: Checking for updates 11:47:33 PM Posture Assessment.
Login and Download VPN Software
- Connect to your local network.
- Go to https://vpn.usc.edu/.
- On the login screen, enter your USC NetID and Password.
- Click Login.
- After you have logged in, click AnyConnect on the left.
- In the middle of the screen, click Start AnyConnect.
Fix Cisco AnyConnect Client Connection Issue In Windows 10 ...
- On the following Download & Install screen, click the Download for Windows button. You may be prompted to save the file, or it may automatically download to your Downloads folder.
Install AnyConnect VPN Client
- Search for the downloaded file on your computer and double-click it.
- You may see the file in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
- If you do not see it there, look in your Downloads folder.
- A Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Setup pop-up window appears. Click Next. This will initiate the installation.
- On the End User License Agreement window, select I accept the terms in the License Agreement.
- Then click Next.
- Click Install. The installation will begin.
- If prompted to allow the installation, click Yes.
- If prompted, enter your computer’s Admin ID and password. This is the ID and password you use to log into the computer.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
Connect with AnyConnect VPN
- Search for the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client app on your desktop (Type “Cisco AnyConnect” in your computer search bar OR select the Windows Start button and search in the menu items).
- Click to open the application.
- In the VPN pop-up window, enter: vpn.usc.edu
- Then click Connect.
AnyConnect VPN Client FAQ
- On the Welcome screen enter your USC NetID and Password.
- Click Sign in.
- On the Please verify your identity screen, click on Send Me a Push, Call Me, or Enter a Passcode to complete the Duo Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) process.
- You are now connected to the USC network through the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
Cisco Anyconnect Cannot Connect
If you need help installing or connecting to your Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.